Patient of the Week – Rain

Patient of the Week – Rain

Rain was admitted to Mountainside ER after ingesting some dark chocolate.

Chocolate, both light and dark, is toxic to dogs and causes vomiting, diarrhea, increased heart rate, hyperexcitability, seizures and organ damage.

A medication was given to induce vomiting and activated charcoal was also given to help absorb any remaining toxins.

Fortunately, his owner brought him in immediately and he is expected to make a full recovery.

Take your dog straight to the emergency if you suspect your dog has eaten chocolate.

No Comments

Post A Comment

Call Now Button