Patient of the Week – Polo Bear

, Patient of the Week – Polo Bear

Patient of the Week – Polo Bear

Meet Polo Bear. This sweet floofy boy came to Mountainside after ingesting medication containing Xylitol. He was quite sedate when he arrived, but it was clear what a sweet boy he is because his tail did a little wag every time someone said his name.

The medication itself did not end up being toxic, but it was sweetened with Xylitol (a toxic-to-pets sweetener). Xylitol can cause dangerously low blood sugar and damage the liver.

This boy stayed at Mountainside for a couple days having his liver values monitored, and receiving medications to support his liver and blood glucose. He also won over every staff member with his gentle demeanour and silly antics.

He was a joy to have around Mountainside, but we are so happy he is back home with his family!

No Comments

Post A Comment

Call Now Button