Patient of the Week – Luna

Patient of the Week – Luna

Patient of the Week – Luna

This adorable furr-riend is Luna. She is here to tell you about the risk of lilies. The ingestion of lilies can be highly concerning in cats. Some types of lilies are not toxic, but many are.

A good rule of thumb is to keep all lilies out of the house if you share a house with felines! Ingestion of the leaves, flowers, pollen or even the water they are in can cause renal failure.

Luckily, this was not the case for this sweet kitty. She had no ill effects, other than the annoyance of an IV catheter delivering IV fluids for diuresis, and some annoying blood draws to monitor her kidney values over time. She became friends with every staff member she interacted with and dare we say– enjoyed her stay at Mountainside.

As much as we enjoyed her company here, we are happy to report she had no lasting effects from her lily snacking and is doing well at home.

No Comments

Post A Comment

Call Now Button