15 Dec Patient of the Week – King
King and his big puppy ears came to us after swallowing a small tennis ball at the dog park. Dr. Gorodetsky came to Mountainside and removed it endoscopically, as well as two small rocks that King had swallowed at some point!
Seeing silly puppies brings us so much joy here, so we were happy to give him lots of love and send him home after a minimally invasive procedure.
If a tennis ball is swallowed, it is too large to pass through the digestive system and is very likely to cause a foreign body obstruction.
If this happens to your dog, it is important to bring them to a veterinary clinic as soon as possible. In order to remove a ball from the stomach, an endoscope can be used.
An endoscope is a small flexible camera that is used under general anesthesia. It can guide various tools to remove foreign objects, without the need for surgery.