Patient of the Week – Gus

Patient of the Week – Gus

Patient of the Week – Gus

Did you know that many of your indoor and outdoor plants can be toxic for your pets? Gus recently presented to Mountainside with vomiting after chewing on a Calla Lily in the garden.
 
This particular lily can cause irritation of the mouth and stomach and you may find your pet drooling, vomiting or even finding it difficult to swallow.
 
Let’s just say Gus bit off a little more than he can chew!
 
With some diagnostics in hospital, anti-nausea medication and diet instructions, Gus was back home happily in time for dinner.
 
If you are also a plant-lover like us 🌷 here are just a few of the common plants that are toxic for our beloved pets: tulip, sago palm, marijuana, azalea, chrysanthemum, yew.
 
If you are ever unsure if your pet has ingested a toxic plant, we are available for you 24/7. Also, you can also call the ASPCA Animal Poison Hotline 24 hours a day at 888-426-4435.
BC Drug and Poison Information Centre (DPIC): http://www.dpic.org/links/aspca-animal-poison-control-center
No Comments

Post A Comment

Call Now Button