31 Jul National Mutt Day – Adopt, Don’t Shop!
August 1st is National Mutt Day and it seems like the perfect time to talk about the slogan “adopt, don’t shop.”
Here are 5 reasons why adopting a dog benefits you and the dog community:
- Less health issues and genetic diseases if mixed breed due to mixed genetics.
- Reduce overpopulated animal shelters. Help the endless flow of unwanted and homeless dogs by adopting. You will be rewarded in countless ways with a grateful and loyal pet. Most rescue groups do very stringent health and behavioural screening and offer foster trials to ensure a good fit for all
- Often less expensive. In general, mixed breed dogs tend to have less health problems resulting in fewer vet expenses. Adoption fees are also much lower than breeder purchases.
- Fight against puppy mills!!
- Because it feels good to help the “underdogs” of society!
If you adopted, what made you decide to adopt?