18 Jan How To Prepare Your Dog For Post-Covid Life
Covid 19 is still very much a part of our lives but now is the time to start preparing your new puppy or dog for when normalcy returns. Prevention of separation anxiety is far easier than curing it once it has set in:
- Create a consistent, predictable routine that resembles your pre-Covid life
- Start spending more time apart, whether it be in different parts of the house or leaving them alone for increasingly longer intervals
- Leave and arrive calmly and quietly so your dog understands that your absence isn’t anything to worry about
- Make sure they are well-exercised before being left alone
- Speak to your veterinarian about other suggestions or remedies and to rule out any medical reasons for a dog’s anxiety
Have you become a new dog owner during Covid? What are your plans for your dog post-Covid? Any additional tips to share?