31 Oct Halloween Safety Tips (Video)
Halloween is fun for humans but not always for our furry family members. Here are some safety tips to avoid a trip to the ER:
- Chocolate is toxic to dogs and cats
- Sugar-free candy & gum that contains xylitol are also toxic to pets
- Keep cats (and dogs) inside on Halloween night
- Fireworks are not enjoyed by pets and their sensitive ears; the noise and sight can be very traumatic
- Unless your pet loves wearing a costume, don’t dress him or her up. If you can’t resist, make sure the costume does not limit movement, does not restrict breathing and is not a choking hazard
Have a safe and enjoyable Halloween from all of us at Mountainside Animal Hospital & 24-Hour Emergency Services.
We hope NOT to see you for a Halloween-related animal emergency!